Sunday, March 3, 2013

XC to Shilly Shally

Yang and I planned to do a little back country skiing via #12 to Shilly Shally since we had a lot of new snow this past week.

Not long before we were to start, Johne and Lauren told me that they'd come. Knowing Johne only skates, Yang and I brought our skate skis as well. Turns out the trails were in perfect conditions for skating. This is the first time we had more than 2 skaters. Climbing was tough as usual but we all had a blast. Yang and Lauren got to Huron lookout. I was very impressed. It took me a long while before I even dared to try climbing Fortune parkway.

Roger and Grace lead with ease all the way. Grace was having a really good time despite her ankle problem. After lunch at Shilly Shally, they climbed up Khyber pass and went to visit Huron cabin and lookout before catching up with us.

The three musketeers






















Roger's big smile

Yang in motion
Grace at Shilly Shally










































Johne the Veteran at Champlain lookout

5 comments:

  1. I hope the snow last another month,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see. If not, we can start biking earlier.

      Delete
    2. Before the end of the season I'd like to make a HD video to feature our skiers and trails. All clips need to be at least 720p and steady. People want to be in the video can either submit their clips or participate one of our two shooting sessions. Any suggestions ?

      Delete
    3. Great idea but there is not much time left...

      Delete
    4. I think we still have three four weeks in gatineau.

      Delete