Sunday, February 3, 2013

P8-P9 With Charlene and Tina

The modern grooming machines can really make wonders. It's icy everywhere I walked but the cross country skiing trails were groomed into skiable surfaces. The ice had been crushed into sugary powder and such was the condition between P8-P9.

I skated while Charlene and Tina did classic skiing. The stretch between P8-P9 is also called the doldrums, meaning boring but it's perfect for beginners with gentle slopes to practice downhill skills.


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for your company, as always! It was awesome!

    Jean and Johne were also there little before us. We may have come crossed each other but guess everyone was busy strolling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we'll ski them eventually. There're a lot of skiers on the list that I haven't met or skied with yet.

    You ladies looked good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was "shocked" hearing you say "there might be only two good ski trips left of the year". Is that true?

    Ok, I 斗胆 share a little video clip Jack took. Although I looked so much a beginner, you can tell how easy the slopes are over there:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daMkkMxTntQ

    (Tina definitely beat me in speed)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Charlene. You didn't hear that where Tina mentioned she was going on vacation for a few weeks. My comment only applied to her. For the rest of us, many good trips are still to be had. Feb is supposed to be the best month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlene, you can change my post and add that video to the main text.

    ReplyDelete