Thursday, March 5, 2020

Sunday March 8 Trip to Huron Cabin

Sunday March 8, 9am

So it's decided we'll ski to Huron cabin for lunch, starting at either p10 or p9 depending on availability. P10 fills up quickly so we likely will have to start at p9, which adds more climbing. Fortune parkway is not steep but long. You have to be able to handle long descent to join this trip.

We'll again have fast and slow group. The fast group will ski past Huron on #1 to as far as want. The slow group will at least visit Champlain Lookout,  Meet at Huron cabin at 12pm for social time. 

Bring tinfoil wrapped lunch to be heated on wood stove, enough water, and possibly sunscreen. March sun could be strong.

Day pass is $20. Bring cash to the attendant.

Let me know if you will join me. 















Refer to this for map and more detailed description:  
http://xcskiing.ca/p10-keogan/


Waiver of responsibility

I acknowledge that, by participating in activities with the xcSkiOttawa group, I may be exposing myself and any minor in my care to some degree of risk. I accept full responsibility for the welfare and safekeeping of myself and any minor in my care on the above activity. I also acknowledge that neither the activity leader(s) nor any of the other participants bear any liability to me or my family for any event or misfortune that might occur during the activity, and absolve the group and its members from any such liability.

No comments:

Post a Comment