Sunday, February 17, 2013

Feb. 17: Little note on another trip to Mooney's Bay

As Jack mentioned, it was COLD cold there. It hardly haappens, but this time my habit of buying gimmick paid off: the face protector I bought was a life saver.

Anything has two sides: it was quiet and there were hardly anyone else there. So Jean and I virtually had two slopes by ourselves so we did lots of practicing on braking, steering. And Jack also owned that whole tobogganing hill skating.

Too bad Grace's schedule didn't fit ours and she was on her way there when we left, second time in two days. Any story to share, Grace?

Salute to our heros who conquered 24 K yesterday!

3 comments:

  1. I really liked the side of the toboggan hill that was groomed for skating. Perfect for practising climbing and my fancy stem-christie turn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My schedule screwed up today so I didn't have enought time to go to Gatineau. So I went with Xiaosi there again. This time we took a run in the loop, and practiced more on gliding. You basically ski on ice now. No more snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year has been good. I've gone to Mooney's bay before only to find that it was closed. :-) New snow is coming today!

    ReplyDelete